Soft Reset for Fozen Xooms:
To reset your Xoom when the screen is totally unresponsive, press the power and volume up buttons at the same time for about three seconds. The two buttons are right next to each other on the back and side of your Xoom. This is a soft reset. It’s the equivalent of yanking the batteries or totally powering the device off. Once your Xoom powers back up, it will still have all your software and preferences. It just (hopefully) won’t be frozen anymore.
Hard Resets for Xooms:
If you want to go even further than that, you can perform a hard reset known as a Factory data reset. Remember, doing this will wipe out all your data! So only use the hard reset if you really want to wipe it all out. A good example would be if you decide to sell your Xoom. You don’t want your personal data floating around after someone else has it. Generally, your Xoom has to be in working order for a hard reset, so try a soft reset if your Xoom is just frozen.
- Tap your finger on the bottom right corner of the screen to open the Settings menu.
- Tap the Settings icon. You should see the Settings menu.
- Tap Privacy from the Settings menu. It should be on your left.
- Look at the choices on the right. Under Personal Data, you’ll see the choice “Factory data reset.”
- Remember, pressing this button will erase all your data and restore all the factory default settings. You’ll be asked for confirmation, and once you confirm, your data will be wiped.
If you ever get another Android phone or tablet, you don’t need a new Gmail account or a new Google Account. A factory data reset only erases the information from your tablet, not your account.
Link Here :